Enjoy a tasting of local beers at Hukins Hops in Kent along with a guided tour of the equipment (90 minutes).
Hukins Hops have been growing hops on the farm since 1900 and we invite you to visit the farm to see how we process our hops followed by an expert led beer tasting of local beers.
This tour is inside the farm buildings as hops are only visible in the fields between May-September. For the rest of the year, they remain in the ground, waiting to start their growing cycle in the Spring.
Please kindly note that these tours are for a minimum of 4 guests and that you may be with other people on the tour.
Tours are available in the summer and harvest time and tickets can be found for these here: https://www.hukins-hops.co.uk/tours-events/
You’ll learn about:
- The growing cycle the hop plants
- History of the farm
- History of beer in the UK
- See the hop picking machine (not operating unless harvest time)
- Step inside the hop kilns (not operating unless harvest time)
- Finish with a beer tasting and hop rubbing session
Discover the different flavours of the hops we grow at the farm and learn how these are used in different beer styles.
Your beer tasting will be led by experts from UK Brewery Tours
Beer tastings & guided tour
Outside the Entrance to Hukins Hops
What to bring
- Your booking receipt or gift voucher
- ID card
- Comfortable outdoor shoes and rain jacket (check the weather!)
Know before you go
- The hop building and processing faiclity has step free access
- Times outside and insider may differ depending on the weather