Hukins Hops are opening up the farm to give you the chance to PICK YOUR OWN HOPS.
In this very special event, every guest will be given a large glass jar on arrival to head out into the fields and pick your own hops.
Go back in time to when hops were picked by hand in harvest time on the farm. Take your jar home and enjoy the dried hops on your mantlepiece for the rest of the year.
Plus, get to see the 1960’s hop picking machine we use now to pick our hops. We’ll explain the process and you’ll also get to see the modern hop kilns (the modern version of oast houses) that dry out the hops.
End the day with a little tasting of local beer from breweries that use our hops (soft drinks for the kids).
Suitable for both adults and children on this family friendly event.
Duration: 2 hours (12pm – 2pm)
Dates: Check availability to see starting times and available dates.
- Pick your own hops and take them home with you.
- Take a guided stroll through a working hop farm. Get to know hops and how to grow them
- See where and discover how hops are picked and processed in a modern hop facility
- Experience a unique beer tasting learning the true relationship between aroma hops and craft beer
Kent is rich in hop growing and brewing history. Visit the stunning Huskins Hops estate and see how a modern hop farm combines with craft brewing to give you an experience to remember.
Step into the 18 foot high hop gardens and learn how hops are grown today to meet the dynamic craft beer market.
We’ll visit the hops picking and processing facility to see how great British engineering combine with modern technology to pick 320,000 hop plants in just 30 days of harvest!
- Jar to pick your own hops
- Tour of the hop farm
- Beer tastings or soft drinks at the end
- Outside the Entrance to Hukins Hops
What to bring
- Your booking receipt or gift voucher
- ID card
- Comfortable outdoor shoes and rain jacket (check the weather!)
Know before you go
- The hop building and processing facility has step free access
- Times outside and insider may differ depending on the weather