A perfect day out for hop and beer enthusiasts , this experience gives you behind the scenes access to a state of the art Kent Hop farm followed by a craft beer tasting. Learn the true links between beer flavours and hop aromas. Take a stroll with our expert through the hop gardens before a guided tour of our modern hop picking and processing facility. Learn how hops are selected, grown, picked, dried and processed and why they are so influential in the taste of first class beer all over the UK.
Duration: 3 hours (approx)
Group size: 15 max (approx)
Dates: Check availability to see starting times and available dates.
- Take a guided stroll through a working hop farm. Get to know hops and how to grow them
- See where and discover how hops are picked and processed in a modern hop facility
- Experience a unique beer tasting learning the true relationship between aroma hops and craft beer
Kent is rich in hop growing and brewing history. Visit the stunning Hukins Hops estate and see how a modern hop farm combines with craft brewing to give you an experinece to remember.
Step into the 18 foot high hop gardens and learn how hops are grown today to meet the dynamic craft beer market.
We’ll visit the hop picking and processing facility to see how great british engineering combine with modern technology to pick 320,000 hop plants in just 30 days of harvest!
Finish in our tasting rooms to learn how the hops you have seen are selected, sampled and take a craft beer tasting where you will learn what hops you like and help you develop your understanding of modern craft beer.
Beer tastings & guided hop farm tour
Outside the Entrance to Hukins Hops
What to bring
- Your booking receipt or gift voucher
- ID card
- Comfortable outdoor shoes and rain jacket (check the weather!)
Know before you go
- The hop building and processing faiclity has step free access
- Times outside and insider may differ depending on the weather